Adam Charles Kokesh (1 February 1982) is an Antistatist and Libertarian who has advocated for an "orderly Dissolution of the federal Government [of the United States]" and who says his only Leader is "Truth, Love and Joy". Adam stated on 1 January 2017 that he plans to run for "Not-President" in 2020.
- 1 Education
- 2 Time in the Military
- 3 Cancelled armed March on Washington DC
- 4 Identity/Religion
- 5 Statism
- 6 View of Donald Trump
- 7 Protest against John McCain
- 8 2016
- 9 2017
- 10 Books cited
- 11 References
Time in the Military
Adam recounts his Time in the US Marine Corps thusly: "[I] did six and a half Years as a Reservist, about three Years of Active Duty Time within that, including a Tour in Fallujah in 2004. And I went to Iraq to help People. I was against the Invasion, was ... pro Occupation, because I thought that what we were doing was cleaning up our Mess. And I genuinely went there and volunteered to go in Civil Affairs, because I wanted to help People. And I ended up doing some truly horrific Things while I was in Iraq, including torturing People. And in a Way, I consider my Activism a Penance for unforgivable Sins."
Adam attained the Rank of Corporal. He was deployed to Fallujah from February to September of 2004, during which Time he was with the 3rd Civil Affairs Group. Because of his military Service, he is 70 Percent disabled.
Cancelled armed March on Washington DC
Adam had planned an armed, peaceful March on Washington DC on 4 June 2013, but he decided against it and instead asked People to march on their respective State Capitols, with the Purpose of demanding that each State secede from the Union. More than 5,000 People had planned to attend the cancelled March in DC. They had initially planned to peacefully march from Virginia to Washington DC via the Arlington Memorial Bridge with Firearms on their Persons and in full View, an Act that would be illegal under DC Law. Adam issued a Statement that if the federal Government did not dissolve itself by 4 July 2014, it might have a Revolution on its Hands: "Should one whole year from this July 4th pass while the crimes of this government are allowed to continue, we may have passed the point at which non-violent revolution becomes impossible."
Adam has described himself as a "Jew against the Anti-Defamation League". He has said: "I've just sort of had this nagging Suspicion in the Back of my Mind that the Anti-Defamation League has never really been about looking out for the Jewish People." He feels the ADL is too quick to cry Foul and accuse People of being antisemitic. Adam has considered converting to Islam "again".
These are some of the Things Adam has said about Statism:
- "Statism is the ideology of turning to organized force to solve problems better solved through peaceful persuasion."[i]:III. STATISM
- "Statism is the dominant paradigm today because most of us are in denial or ignorant of its true nature."[i]:III. STATISM
- "[R]ight now we are on the Verge, on the Cusp of a major Shift for Humanity, that we are about to go through this Transition of abolishing the State."
View of Donald Trump
Prior the 2016 US presidential Election, Adam said he thought Donald Trump is "fun to watch, 'cause he's stirrin' Things up", but does not "have any Faith in his Integrity" because of what he perceives as evolving Views. He likes the Fact that Donald is against the Establishment, less Interventionist and "has talked about Iraq and 9/11 a little more in Line with what we [Adam and others] would like to see". Notwithstanding this, he had no Plans to vote for him.
Protest against John McCain
Adam was "escorted from the 2008 Republican National Convention for unfurling an anti-war banner during Sen. John McCain's acceptance speech."
In February of 2016, Adam attended Anarchapulco, an annual Conference whose Tagline that Year was: "The World's first and largest anarcho-capitalist Conference". At some Point during the Conference, Adam asked Milo Yiannopoulos: "If you have realised these fundamental Truths about the State, what legitimate Functions do you see still that could possibly justify the coercive Monopoly that has come to be known as Government?" Milo replied that one of the Things he didn't like was the Way he felt the anarchist World "talks about the Military" and that he believed in the Enforcement of Borders, but that he didn't think the State should be involved in Education, Healthcare or "most of the Things they're in". "I do see a reasonable Case for, um, some national Infrastructure and for Defence", Milo added.
Protest against Donald Trump's 59-Missile Strike in Syria and subsequent Interview
On 10 April 2017, Adam protested Donald Trump's 59-Missile Strike in Syria on 6 April 2017, which killed 9 Civilians, including 4 Children. He was released from DC Central Detention Facility on 15 April. During an Interview that Day, he said that he was in Fallujah in 2004 and that he tortured People, adding that he now has to live with this and that now People who participated in Donald Trump's Strike have to live with their Decision to obey his Orders.
- [i] ^ I II Adam Kokesh (3 June 2014). "Freedom!" Amazon Digital Services LLC. Page Numbers Source ISBN 1508814775.
- @adamkokesh. twitter.com. Archived from the Original on 28 September 2017. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- "Adam Kokesh Destroying Statism One Brick At A Time with Josh Sigurdson". youtube.com. 27 August 2016. Retrieved 22 September 2016.
- Elias Isquith (12 June 2014). "Libertarian pundit Adam Kokesh defends Las Vegas shooters for 'not necessarily unjustified violence'". salon.com. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- Timothy Johnson (29 May 2013). "Adam Kokesh Calls Off Armed March On D.C. In Favor Of 50 State March For 'Orderly Dissolution Of The Federal Government'". mediamatters.org. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- "8/23/11 Full show -- East Coast Quake, Net Neutrality, Media Blackout on Ron Paul". AdamVsTheManRT YouTube Channel. Published 23 August 2011. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
- Jeff Berwick, Adam Kokesh (1 January 2017). "Adam Kokesh on Running For Non-President, Relationships and 10 Days of Ayahuasca". 2:30. YouTube. "TheAnarchast". Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- "Kokesh, Adam". ourcampaigns.com. Retrieved 19 October 2016.
- "Claremont McKenna College". wikipedia.org. Retrieved 19 October 2016.
- "Augustus Invictus: Debate with Adam Kokesh". 1:45:25. The Revolutionary Conservative YouTube Channel. Published 4 September 2017. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
- Charles D. Brunt, Oliver Uyttebrouck (5 September 2010). "Iraq War Stories: Adam Kokesh". abqjournal.com. Retrieved 16 September 2016.
- "Fox News Interviews Adam Kokesh from Jail". 19 July 2013. Retreived 19 October 2016.
- George Donnelly (23 August 2011). "Adam vs The Man: Canceled!" morelibertynow.com. Retrieved 16 September 2016.
- Adam Kokesh (8 February 2012). "Jew(s) Against the Anti-Defamation League". youtube.com. Retrieved 16 September 2016.
- "Adam Kokesh, Luke Rudkowski on Donald Trump, Solutions to the 2 Party System". youtube.com. 12 May 2016. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- Anarchapulco 2016. anarchapulco.com. Archived from the Original on 2 February 2017. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
- "Milo Yiannopoulos at Anarchapulco 2016: Deconstructing Political Correctness on University Campuses". 21:52. YouTube. 21 September 2016. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- "Thank You For A Wonderful Anarchapulco 2017! Get Ready for Anarchapulco 2018!" YouTube. Anarchapulco. 7 May 2017. Retrieved 11 June 2017.
- Jenny Awford, Maryse Godden, Tom Gillespie, James Beal, Nick Parker (8 April 2017). "RUSSIA REACTS Putin sends warship to Syria and vows to bolster Assad’s air defences as images reveal destruction wreaked by Trump’s 59 missile-strong gas revenge blitz". thesun.co.uk. Retrieved 7 April 2017.
- Alan Yuhas, Nadia Khomami, Jamie Grierson, Claire Phipps (7 April 2017). "Syria bombing: US says Russia bears responsibility for Assad's gas attack – as it happened". theguardian.com. Retrieved 7 April 2017.
- "Activist Adam Kokesh Speaks Out Following White House Arrest". 0:00. YouTube. News2Share. 17 April 2017. Retrieved 7 April 2017.
- "Activist Adam Kokesh Speaks Out Following White House Arrest". 1:08. YouTube. News2Share. 17 April 2017. Retrieved 17 April 2017.