Jared Kushner, an Orthodox Jew, is the husband of Ivanka Trump. Ivanka could not get engaged to him until she converted to Judaism. Jared's father is Charles Kushner. Charles gave a $2.5 million to Harvard University before Jared was admitted. It is said Jared rescued a then-16-year-old Elisheva Ben Ze’ev from a man who was groping her during a group trip they took to Poland to learn about the Holocaust in 1998.
The "purge of Christie loyalists" conspiracy theory
Shortly after Donald Trump's election victory, Jared dismissed people with ties to Chris Christie from the presidential transition team, something that was characterised by the media as 'a purge of Christie loyalists'. According to former US Congressman Mike Rogers, about five people who had "some relationship" with Chris were dismissed from the team. There was speculation in the media that Jared had done this in revenge for Chris having prosecuted his father. There were also rumours that Jared was the reason why Donald Trump chose to not make Chris his Vice President and instead chose Mike Pence. Sources said that Donald had offered the job to Chris first.
Jared has said that Steve Bannon is an "incredible Zionist", thereby making his position on Israel clear as well. The "Forward" has written an article titled "How Jared Kushner Became a Teenage Hero — and Learned To Be a Zionist".
- Staff of jpost.com (12 November 2016). "Report: Trump's Jewish son-in-law pushed for Christie's removal from transition team". jpost.com. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- Lesley Messer (17 July 2009). "Ivanka Trump Converts to Judaism for Fiancé". people.com. Retrieved 16 October 2016.
- Naomi Zeveloff (26 January 2017). "How Jared Kushner Became a Teenage Hero — and Learned To Be a Zionist". forward.com. Retrieved 14 February 2017.
- "Trump purges ties to Chris Christie". cnn.com. 16 November 2016. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- Bob Jordan (17 November 2016). "Trump son-in-law Kushner reportedly settling Christie score in transition". usatoday.com. Retrieved 27 December 2016.
- Jacqueline Alemany (30 October 2016). "Donald Trump offered Chris Christie vice president role before Mike Pence, sources say". cbsnews.com. Retrieved 27 December 2016.
- Alana Abramson (22 November 2016). "Jared Kushner Defends Steve Bannon in Interview, Calls Him an 'Incredible Zionist'". abcnews.go.com. Retrieved 13 February 2017.