Stephen K. Bannon is a media mogul who was formerly the CEO of Donald Trump's presidential campaign and became Donald's chief strategist and senior counsellor. Prior to being the CEO of Donald's presidential campaign, he was the head of "Breitbart News". He has described himself as a nationalist. On 18 August 2017, Steve was ousted from his Job at the White House and returned to "Breitbart" as Executive Chairman.
Jews, Zionism and Islam
Jared Kushner has said Steve is "an incredible Zionist and loves Israel". Steve's former wife has said he didn't want to send his twin daughters to the Archer School for Girls because there were so many what he called "whiny brat" Jewish students enrolled there. Steve has responded saying his daughters did attend the school at the end, which is true, "but only after a prickly email exchange between" him and his wife. Because of this -- the perception that he loves Israel but doesn't like Jews -- there are those who believe he is, paradoxically, an anti-Semitic Zionist. "Breitbart" Senior Editor-at-Large Joel Pollak, an Orthodox Jew, has said that Steve is not anti-Semitic, while at the same time affirming that he is a Zionist. Joel says that Steve always says "Shabat shalom" to him on Fridays. Milo Yiannopoulos once said: "Steve Bannon, you know, has populated 'Breitbart' with, you know, a disproportionately Jewish ethnic minority and gay senior editorial team." Steve has characterised George W. Bush, who visited a mosque after 9/11 and described Islam as a peaceful religion, as unintelligent.
According to "The Telegraph", Steve once said: "I am a Leninist. Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that's my goal, too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today's establishment."
Calls Jared Kushner "cuck" and "globalist", is removed from NSC post
In early April 2017, Steve told "The Daily Beast" that Jared Kushner was a "cuck" and "globalist". A senior administration official said: "There's a big fight [going on]. It's all about policy. There’s tension [between them] on trade, health care, immigration, taxes, [terrorism]—you name it." Another official said: "Steve thinks Jared is worse than a Democrat, basically. [Steve] has a very specific vision for what he believes, and what he shares [ideologically] with Trump. And he has for a long time now seen [Jared] as a major obstacle to achieving that." On 5 April, Steve was removed from his post on the National Security Council.
- Dominique Fortes (19 October 2016). "Trump campaign CEO likely to spread 'alt-right' message in Europe post-election: Report". cnbc.com. Retrieved 13 February 2017.
- Joel B. Pollack (14 November 2016). "Stephen K. Bannon: Friend of the Jewish People, Defender of Israel". breitbart.com. Retrieved 13 February 2017.
- Michael D. Shear, Maggie Haberman and Michael S. Schmidt (14 November 2016). "Critics See Stephen Bannon, Trump’s Pick for Strategist, as Voice of Racism". nytimes.com. Retrieved 13 February 2017.
- Alana Abramson (22 November 2016). "Jared Kushner Defends Steve Bannon in Interview, Calls Him an 'Incredible Zionist'". abcnews.go.com. Retrieved 13 February 2017.
- ASAWIN SUEBSAENG (6 April 2017). "Steve Bannon Calls Jared Kushner a 'Cuck' and 'Globalist' Behind His Back". thedailybeast.com. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- Rachel Roberts (7 April 2017). "Steve Bannon 'calls Jared Kushner a cuck behind his back'". independent.co.uk. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- Oliver Darcy (18 August 2017). "Steve Bannon returns to Breitbart after ouster from White House". cnn.com. Retrieved 21 October 2017.
- 'Forward' staff (14 November 2016). "Steve Bannon Didn’t Want Children Going to School With 'Whiny' Jews". salon.com. Retrieved 13 February 2017.
- Elizabeth Chuck, Ali Vitali, Andrew Blankstein and Katie Wall (27 August 2016). "Trump Campaign CEO Steve Bannon Accused of Anti-Semitic Remarks by Ex-Wife". nbcnews.com. Retrieved 13 February 2017.
- "MintPress News" desk (8 February 2017). "Steve Bannon: Israel First, America Second". mintpressnews.com. Retrieved 13 February 2017.
- John Hayward (17 January 2017). "Joel Pollak on What He Saw at the Trump Revolution: 'How Trump Won'". breitbart.com. Retrieved 14 February 2017.
- Joel B. Pollak (14 November 2016). "Stephen K. Bannon: Friend of the Jewish People, Defender of Israel". breitbart.com. Retrieved 13 February 2017.
- David Folkenfink (15 November 2016). "Ex-Breitbart Executive Brings Alt-Right Ties To The White House". npr.org. Retrieved 13 February 2017.
- Milo Yiannopoulos (21 February 2017). "Milo Yiannopoulos Full Press Conference". YouTube. Retrieved 28 March 2017.
- Sarah Lee (3 February 2017). "Trump distances himself from chief strategist Bannon on Islam". theblaze.com. Retrieved 13 February 2017
- Tara Isabella Burton (7 February 2017). "Steve Bannon shares a fascist's obsession with cleansing, apocalyptic war. And now he's in the White House". telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 28 March 2017.
- Benjy Sarlin (14 November 2016). "Analysis: Breitbart's Steve Bannon Leads the 'Alt Right' to the White House". nbcnews.com. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- Sarah Posner (22 August 2016). 'How Donald Trump's New Campaign Chief Created an Online Haven for White Nationalists'. motherjones.com. Retrieved 23 November 2016.